A NEW, KNOWLEDGE-BASED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN CAMBRIDGE
The Knowledge Schools Trust is pleased to announce it has been approved by the Department for Education today to open a secondary school in the city of Cambridge.
The opening date for the new school is still to be finalised but it is likely to be around 2023/4. The school will most likely be located on a site to the east of the city, adjacent to the airport.
The school will be non-selective and will focus on providing all children with a knowledge-rich education. Its characteristics will include:
- High aspirations, with a firm emphasis on academic achievement
- A rigorous knowledge-rich curriculum that draws from ‘the best that has been thought and said’.
- A comprehensive and non-academically selective intake
- Teachers who are expert in their subject, passionate about sharing their knowledge and committed to the school
- An approach to teaching that is based on research evidence about how pupils learn most effectively
- High expectations of pupil behaviour supported by outstanding pastoral care
- Active parental and community involvement
- A broad range of after-school clubs and activities
- A vibrant house system with healthy competition encouraged
The school will be part of the Knowledge Schools Trust, which currently runs a secondary school and three primaries. The secondary – the West London Free School – is one of the 10 most over-subscribed state secondary schools in England and last year its GCSE results placed it in the top 4% of England’s secular, co-educational comprehensives.
Parents who wish to register an interest can do so by completing the form on the 'Register Interest' tab.